Current Salary: $47,000
Location Preferred: Open for excellent Opportunity
Innovative Tier One Automotive Supplier, TN 6 years
Injection Blow Molding Tool Design/Application Engineer
- Plastic Division 4 years o Responsible for new product design, mold design and manufacturing process support.
- New application verification, customer contacts, and tool shop contact during tool construction.
- Construct control plans for new products, review and conduct ISIR (Initial Sample Inspection Reports) and PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) paper work for new tool/part approval. Responsible for improving the finishing methods used for parts produced in Extrusion-blow and Injection-blow plastic methods, modifications and repairs to existing tools.
- Coordinate with customers on product design, mold design, delivery and production start-up.
- Interacted with customer, Ford, Moog (Cooper Industries), Caterpillar, and GKN. Rubber Tooling Engineer - Rubber Division 2 years
- Job functions include design of compression and injection molds used to produce rubber seals.
- CNC programming for metal cutting at in-house tool shop.
- Development of Mold Components Manual to standardize tooling used in rubber division.
- Program and use coordinate measuring machine (C.M.M.) to verify dimensional accuracy of production/prototype parts.
- Initial Sample Inspection Reports ISIR for prototype seals and parts
- Dynamic Control Plans for production parts.
- Coordinate with manufacturing on new product development and new product launch.
- First run testing and inspection, SPC data collection and analysis maintenance of variable control charts. Develop capital equipment justifications.
- Wrote computer programs for engineering, tooling and tooling maintenance.
-Capital project coordination.
P. G. Cook Associates, Brentwood, TN 3 years (While in College)
Trouble shoot computer problems and initiate new software packages on IBM compatible hard drives.
Education and Training
Tennessee State University 1990
BS Industrial Technology Concentration on Computer Aided Manufacturing
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
- Dynamic Control Plan-Plus Training
- SmartCam training Advanced Milling & Turning
- View 1220 Coordinate Measuring Machine o Molding or Rubber and Design of Rubber Molds Computer Skills
Program in BASIC, AutoCAD, ProCAD, Cadkey, SmartCam, Excel, Microsoft Word, Harvard Graphics, and WordPerfect